Teenager reportedly sexually assaulted on Facebook Live

He said she told detectives that she knows at least one of her alleged attackers, but it remained unclear how well they knew each other.

Around 40 people were said to have been watching the livestream but nobody reported the incident to police.

The girl was reported missing after she didn’t return to her Lawndale home after going to the store Sunday, according to her family and police. She told him her daughter had been missing for 24 hours, Guglielmi said.

A police spokesperson said on Wednesday that investigators are interviewing individuals and detectives are making progress.

“She went to the hospital, but she was so scared she didn’t want anybody to touch her”, the mother said. Her mother believes her daughter was being sexually assaulted at the time. “So whatever picture people want to paint of her – she was a chronic runaway or whatever – nobody deserves that”.

None of the roughly 40 viewers, a viewership that the girl’s family alleges included adults (who should have more wherewithal than teenagers), got the authorities involved.

According to authorities, the girl vanished on Sunday after being dropped off at her house. “But it’s becoming a place where young people act out movie scenes, if you will, people are getting shot and killed and beaten on Facebook Live”. “This is one of the bravest things I’ve ever seen a kid do”.

Andrea Saul, a spokeswoman for Facebook, said she had no specific comment on the Chicago incident but that the company took its “responsibility to keep people safe on Facebook very seriously”. “You could see the look of fear and where she is resisting, pushing back”, he said.

As for now, people were only able to go live with their phones, but with support for standard streaming software, Facebook can do more interesting things like screen sharing, inserting graphics, or using multi-camera setups.

Matt Brown, news director at WFTS Tampa Bay, Fla., says his newsroom saw the value of Facebook Live as early as last April, when its initial streams of content like police chases saw a reach of over one million.

But he admitted that the Chicago City Council is powerless when it comes to telling Facebook or other social media companies what to do.

In January, the CPD investigated a second attack that was live streamed on Facebook involving four people who were arrested and charged with a hate crime for the torture of a disabled man who they held prisoner for days before he escaped.

Chicago police