London police arrest another attack suspect

Italian news reports said authorities sequestered Zaghba’s cell phone and passport when he was stopped at the airport, but that he successfully got them back after a court determined there wasn’t enough evidence to accuse him of any terrorism-related crime.

London’s Metropolitan Police said specialists recovered the body of an eighth victim, identified as 45-year-old French national Xavier Thomas, from the River Thames following the London Bridge attack.

Police swooped on a total of four addresses and made six arrests, including two men seized in the street in Ilford by firearms officers.

A 27-year-old was detained on terrorism charges while the second, 33, was arrested on drugs charges.

The death toll from the London Bridge attack has risen to eight as pressure on British authorities intensified amid new questions about how the terrorists slipped through the net.

“I would urge anyone with information about these men, their movements in the days and hours before the attack and the places they frequented to come forward”, Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said in Monday’s statement.

Canadian Chrissy Archibald was originally from British Columbia and was the first person to be named as killed in Saturday’s attacks.

British police and security agencies are facing growing questions over how Zaghba and Butt slipped through the net.

One of the accused of recent London attack had already been featured in a British television documentary on Islamic radicalization in United Kingdom named “The Jihadis Next Door”.

Under grey skies on a late spring day, mourners held up signs such as “Love for all, hatred for none” and “N.Ireland supports London”, as the British flag flew at half-mast on the bridge, a monument of national endurance.

On Wednesday, NHS England said 29 patients remain in London hospitals, with 10 in a critical condition.

Redouane was not known to those authorities.

“It is sad that officers have been injured very seriously in the attack on Saturday night”.

The attack, claimed by the Islamic State group, saw three men wearing fake suicide vests use a white van to mow down people on London Bridge and then slash and stab revellers enjoying a Saturday night in the bustling Borough Market area.

London’s police chief has said the attackers have been identified, but the names haven’t been released. She said that while he would attend meetings, he rarely spoke up and was not at the helm of the group.

Butt had sparked alarm for his extremist views and allegedly had links to a jailed radical preacher, yet neighbours at what was reportedly his home in Barking, east London, remembered a friendly family man.

Evil terrorists Kharum Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba used a van to mow down pedestrians before they attacked bystanders with 12-inch knives.

London terror attack: cure for this disease must come from within